Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pure chaos.

This past week proved to be one of the most chaotic weeks that we have had in a long time. It all started a week ago Friday when I had to drive myself to the ER. I had this horrible pain in my chest...worse than labor pain, I swear. I was at work, feeling just fine when all of a sudden I have this sharp, twisting pain right behind my ribcage. I try to sit down. Didn't help. I try to walk around. Didn't help. After what felt like forever, I told work I was leaving and I drove myself to the ER. Lucky for me the ER was only about 15 minutes away. The entire drive there I honestly thought I was going to have to pull over, in the middle of rush hour, and call for an ambulance. I don't know how I made it there. From that point on the madness began. I sat in the ER for 4 hours, had prescription filled, off of work all weekend. Went to work on Monday, dropped car off at repair shop, pick up Drew from daycare. Start all over on Tuesday. Go to doctor on Wednesday only to find out that I MUST see a surgeon on Thursday. Find out on Thursday that I am having my gall bladder removed on Friday! WHAT?! Surgery on Friday and I am now off of work all week. I can't lift anything over 10lbs...poor Drew. I'm not supposed to be doing anything strenuous, but I never listen. I've been cleaning house today and now I sit on the lap top typing this blog and think...maybe I should have listened to the doctor.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

There is a gal bladder epidemic! You are the 3rd person I've heard about that is having their gal bladder out this week! Sending you prayers for a speedy and painless recovery!

Katy said...

Poor thing, i hope you're doing better....well i guess you'll feel better after surgery. Thanks for joining w/ my other followers.
Love ya KB

Miss Jumper said...

I'm glad you're okay. Can I have your gall bladder?