I've been postponing this blog for about a month. I'm not really sure why, other than I wanted to tell as many people as possible in person rather than online. I think I have realized that it's not possible to see every single person that is important to me because I live in St. Louis and everyone else is in Oklahoma/Arkansas/Texas.
In roughly two weeks Jeremey, Drew, puppies and I will be leaving for the beautiful state of North Carolina. Charlotte to be exact. Shock? I am. I am also excited! I have a mixture of emotions about the situation actually.
It all started in August when Jeremey approached me with an opportunity in Georgia that he wanted to apply. I encouraged him to do so. After all, he was only submitting his resume. Within a week, the recruiter called him and wanted him in Atlanta at the end of August. Jeremey was going to Italy at that time so it was postponed to Oct. 1. We also found out that the position was being moved to North Carolina. What? Being the supportive person that I am, I encouraged him to keep the interview as scheduled. Finally Oct.1 comes around, interview happens and a few days later he has a job offer. Whoa. Now it's serious.
We decided to take the offer. It's a job that Jeremey has wanted since he was in college. It's a pay increase, company vehicle and an office at home. It's also traveling on wkly basis to TN, N.C., S.C., and GA. It's my turn to stay at home!!! I can also hopefully start graduate school in the summer. I know that it will be a huge adjustment for us as a family but I know that we will make it through.
I'm so excited to experience Charlotte. People are so friendly there. They speak with lovely southern accents...some more drawn out than others. There is also a ton of foliage and hills. We will be about 3 hours from the beaches. We are also in the middle of Nascar country. Seriously. Can't wait to see what that holds. I'm also extremely sad to move even further away from our families. Especially now with Andrew. Our families have been so supportive but I know deep down they are hurting. I just pray that God will keep us all safe until we see each other again.
I knew when we moved to St. Louis that we wouldn't be here forever. I thought we would actually move back to Fayetteville. Jeremey and I have decided that if in a few years Charlotte isn't "home" we will move back to F'ville and be closer to our families. Right around the time Drew will start school.
It's hard growing up. It's also an amazing journey and I am so thankful that I have Jeremey and Drew to experience it. I'll miss St. Louis, but I'm so anxious for the new chapter to start.
4 comments:
Oh wow! Well, I'm glad you guys are getting this opportunity to live in such neat places, and that God is providing such wonderful things for your family. When I entered your blog today, I was going to tell you that I would be in St. Louis for a week next summer! Oh well...maybe I'll just use my grant to hop on over to North Carolina! I love you, and I'm praying for you..
Congratulations on the new adventure! Moving is hard but it's also an amazing experience and it will be fun to be near so many new cities to explore. I've only driven through Charlotte but it looks beautiful. The South is a nice place to live. I'm excited for you and your family!
Charlotte is THE BOMB. You will love it. I'm jealous that I can't help you move. I will give you a long list of places to go when you are ready, not to mention the numbers of my peeps you'll love to hang out with. Queen City, wha whattt???
Wow! I hope you guys enjoy your journey and I love NC it is beautiful. I found your blog on Tasha's feel free to drop by and check out my blog and I hope you love the south!
Post a Comment