



I haven't posted in awhile. I've been lazy, plus I had a super busy week last week! My family was here and I was so excited to have them, but it was exhausting!! :) My sister, Billy, Dad and my nephew Parker flew in last Saturday. My cousin Samantha flew in Monday evening. Did I mention Jeremey and Drew flew to Missouri the Friday before they arrived for a funeral? Let's count how many trips to the airport...3 and it's only Monday. We had planned a "girls day out" for Tuesday and we spent the day with our stepsister Tresa. We had lunch at McAlisters and a spa pedicure. Also note that the little Vietnamese people suggested eyebrow waxes to everyone but me! Ha! I laugh at this because I have always been obsessed with my eyebrows...well eyebrows in general. I thought this was extremely humorous. Wednesday we took everyone to the zoo, including our two neices Elaina and Isabel, with their mommy of course! We had such an amazing time! The zoo was a little disappointing, but we made the most of what they had to offer. Thursday shopping and "guys day out", Friday relaxing and Saturday to the airport again, plus more shopping! Oh, Sunday to the airport one last time to drop Samantha off. I'm pretty sure I don't need to see the Charlotte-Douglas International airport anytime soon!
Things I learned this week:
1. I have a new found love for Little Debbie's oatmeal cream pies.
2. I hate Monopoly and I don't care if I ever play again.
3. I went to Wal-Mart almost everyday they were here. I usually only go once a week.
4. I guess Daddy's getting older and I assume older people tend to feel cold more. I woke up one moring and the heat was on 75. It was a sauna.
5. I love watching Parker and Drew play together. P is definitely a fighter and Drew is definitely a lover.
6. Every second I spend away from my family just makes me love them more.
7. My sister is my best friend. (I already knew this.)
8. Saying goodbye to my Dad at the airport is the hardest and saddest thing I have had to do in a long time. I have this image in my mind of my Dad, the strongest man I know, staring at me with tears in his eyes. It was heartbreaking.
I love my family. I'm so glad that they were here to share of week of craziness with us!
2 comments:
So glad you had a great visit with your family! That's so nice that everyone was able to come visit you at the same time! Thanks for the hug comments on my blog! :-)
I am so glad they came to visit. I miss my family too and in one breif weekend I seen almost all of them...whew! I bet watching those babies play is a joy.
Post a Comment