S.O.S. please, someone help me...words from one of Rihanna's songs that immediately popped into my head today. I haven't blogged in so long and many of you don't know that I left my job in retail management because I was tired of the scheduling...and the drama. I have since decided that I am okay with being a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM). By the way, I hate that moniker. Loathe is more like it. It makes SAHM moms sound as if we were living circa 1950s as June Cleaver. But, I digress.
I have officially been at home with Drew since the end of January. I must say that during the past couple of months I have enjoyed being at home. I love waking up and knowing that I get to spend the entire day with my little man. I don't love doing the housework, taking care of the bills, grocery shopping or the laundry. I do it all and I try not to complain because I am extremely fortunate.
The past week or so has taken a toll on me. I have gone from having a sweet little boy to a two year old who thinks that "no" is his favorite word and I am his personal jungle gym. He likes to hit on occassion and throw the meanest temper tantrums, all while folding over his bottom lip, a signature look I might add. He came out of the womb with that lip folded over. Lately, I am wiped out by 2pm and that's on a good day. Today was no different...exhaustion hit, followed by crankiness and this was just how I was feeling. I kept thinking to myself, if I can just find a place to hide....
While I try to buck up and make it through the evening I keep chanting, "It's almost bedtime. It's almost bedtime."
4 comments:
Some days are rough!! I've been known to lock myself in the bathroom for a few minutes with a magazine, book, or nothing and just lay in the floor. Even with the beating on the door, it is my five minute break. :)
I hate SAHM, too. The strangest part is hen I took KJ to the dr and it asked my occupation. Family manager? Blah. It is fun, though. And on days when you just can't take it anymore put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and go hide. I works for me. :-)
No need to worry the terrible 2s shall pass and I have nothing but respect and admiration for the SAHM os the world. You are essentially the fabric of the next generation of leaders...Working moms are too we as moms need no label other than Simply Mom! I think that given the change when Tyler was younger I would have but I worked ...I missed so much...Plus I think it says something for your hubby that he is willing to provide for you guys...I get it too retail sucked I was a manager at Kroger for 8 years and now I took a pay cut and a desk job so I can hang with Tyler more...Props to you and all the moms making it happen =)
I want to be a SAHM. My cats need me.
Post a Comment