Monday, January 10, 2011

My dogs use my house as their marking ground.

We have three dogs, two male and one female. The female, Pinkie, is spayed and the two males are not neutered. I know, I know. Mistake. I would love to have my male dogs neutered but the cost is outrageous. I I have found a clinic that is owned and operated by veterinarians. Their clinic does surgery for half the price of the vets I have called. Anyway, I digress.
Dobbie is the older of the two dogs and has NEVER marked in the house. EVER. He began marking when the Christmas tree came out this year. I have no idea why because he is a house dog and he is house broken. I thought once the tree was down it would stop but it hasn't. He marks in front of the sliding glass door and around my dining room funiture...and, my couch upstairs. I want to scream...literally everytime he does it I want to scream.
Nittie is the youngest dog and he has been marking since we have lived here. He wears diapers. I have consulted with the vet and she believes that it's because we have two male intact dogs in our house and each of them are struggling to lead the pack. Well news flash boys, the female dog rules the roost.

So- what should we do?! I'm super tired of cleaning the carpets.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Get them neutered. I know it's expensive, but it's cheaper than buying all new furniture. Also, check around with local animal nonprofits. Some of them have low-cost clinics that don't have any income requirements. I'm sorry this is happening. :( Sucky!

Miss Jumper said...

Put Superhero capes on them, not just Dobs.